Reckless Endangerment Lawyer in Seattle

Help of a Reckless Endangerment Attorney

According to the Washington State statute, Reckless Endangerment is a conduct that creates a substantial risk of death or serious physical injury to another person.

In Washington State, a driver can come across Reckless Endangerment charge in several ways. First, this crime can accompany a DUI charge if the driver had a child in the car at the time of the DUI. Second, the prosecutor may offer a reduction from a DUI charge. If you have questions about your charge in Washington State, speak to our lawyers about the details of your case.

Another way a person can end up with the general charge of Reckless Endangerment is by two specific charges: Endangerment of Roadway Workers, or of Emergency Workers.

These charges are gross misdemeanors just like DUI and Reckless Driving. As such, they are punishable by up to 364 days in jail and a $5,000 fine. However, unlike Reckless Driving and DUI, it does not have a license suspension. However, if the the offense includes roadway workers or emergency workers, there is a 60-day license suspension.

As mentioned above, sometimes the prosecutor will offer a reduction to Reckless Endangerment from a DUI charge. Also as mentioned above, both DUI and Reckless Endangerment are gross misdemeanors. However, the advantage of the reduction is that unlike Reckless Driving, a conviction for Reckless Endangerment does not result with a license suspension.

Reductions from a DUI charges still count as a prior DUI offense for the purposes of enhanced mandatory minimum penalties for subsequent DUI convictions. In addition, the person will still have to comply with the standard DUI conditions of probation. Nonetheless, the reduction may still be worth avoiding a license suspension.

If you or someone you know is facing a reckless endangerment charge or if you have additional questions about your charge, please contact our firm to speak to one of our attorneys.

reckless endangerment lawyer

How Can We Help You?

Need A Free Consultation? Make An Appointment